Pages

my friend recommends...

July 27, 2009

...and i shall post it here so i do not forget the wisdom:

psalm forty
1 i waited patiently for the lord
he turned to me and heard my cry


2 he lifted me out of the slimy pit
out of the mud and mire
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand

3 he put a new song in my mouth
a hymn of praise to our god
many will see and fear
and put their trust in the lord

4 blessed is the man
who makes the lord his trust
who does not look to the proud
to those who turn aside to false gods

5 many, o lord, my god
are the wonders you have done
the things you planned for us

no one can recount to you
were i to speak and tell of them
they would be too many to declare

6 sacrifice and offering you did not desire
but my ears you have pierced
burnt offerings and sin offerings
you did not require

7 then i said, "here i am, i have come
it is written about me in the scroll

8 i desire to do your will, o my god
your law is within my heart

9 i proclaim righteousness in the great assembly
i do not seal my lips,
as you know, o lord.

10 i do not hide your righteousness in my heart
i speak of your faithfulness and salvation
i do not conceal your love and your truth
from the great assembly

11 do not withhold your mercy from me, o lord
may your love and your truth always protect me

12 for troubles without number surround me
my sins have overtaken me, and i cannot see
they are more than the hairs of my head
and my heart fails within me

13 be pleased, o lord, to save me
o lord, come quickly to help me.

14 may all who seek to take my life
be put to shame and confusion
may all who desire my ruin
be turned back in disgrace

15 may those who say to me, "aha! aha!"
be appalled at their own shame

16 but may all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you
may those who love your salvation always say
"the lord be exalted!"

17 yet i am poor and needy
may the lord think of me
you are my help and my deliverer
o my god, do not delay

No comments:

Post a Comment