Pages

twenty-fourth and wisdom

July 26, 2010


What is your ideal vacation in the U.S.? In the world? -- Jenn

One of these days, I’m going to take this incredibly long road trip, from Texas to California to Washington State across the top the continental United States to New York, along the Atlantic Coast to Florida then back to Texas. One without any schedules or time constraints. I could linger in those places that appealed to me and leave behind those that didn’t.

As for the world, I want to visit the countries of my ancestors: Wales, England, Austria, France. As well as those I’ve read about: Ireland, Greece, Germany. Again, this quest would be free of schedules and constraints, allowing me to see all those things I most want to see and hurrying past the things I don’t care to.

Maybe someday.

for the twenty-third inquisition essay, go here.

and the wisdom:

and let us not grow weary while doing
good, for in due season we shall reap if we do
not lose heart (galatians 6:9).

3 comments :

  1. I want to do almost the same trip, just in reverse. I live in IL so I want to drive west to Washington, down the coast of California, head east to AZ and NM, then head back to IL through Colorado. Of couse time would be of no consequence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just love to visit every state in the US. It would not matter to me in what order. I just got back from Alaska in May. Can you say gorgeous?

    *waves from Jenna's Journey blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me a road trip. Without schedules. Hope you get to do this someday.

    ReplyDelete