Pages

chicken spaghetti: the one my mama makes... courtesy gwen hruska

March 17, 2014

ingredients:

two quarts (thirteen to fifteen pieces) chicken, diced
four ribs celery, chopped
two large onions, chopped
green pepper, chopped
two cloves garlic, minced
sixteen-ounce can rotel tomatoes, diced
can cream of mushroom soup
tablespoon seasoned salt
teaspoon pepper
tablespoon worcestershire sauce
pound velveeta cheese, diced fine
twelve-ounce package thin spaghetti

preparation:

boil chicken: reserve one quart of broth. while deboning chicken, add celery, green pepper, onion, tomatoes and garlic to broth. let simmer until tender, increase heat bringing water to a boil. add spaghetti (broken into pieces). cook until done (do not overcook). add chicken and remaining ingredients. simmer until cheese melts. put into greased nine-by-thirteen inch casserole. best if made the day before. heat at three-fifty until center is bubbly.

3 comments :

  1. So it really does exist! I'm glad I asked this question. This sounds pretty awesome, and I'm looking forward to making it. Yeah, that's right, I cook. And I love pasta. So this is right up my alley.

    I'll pass on the velveeta, though. Real cheese or bust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an amazing meal after eating rice + eggs one day and then pizza the next. I need to start cooking some real meals like this lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh even I'm picky and would like this- sans olives. Might have to give it a shot next week! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete