Pages

the things i tell myself

September 6, 2016

this was written in the middle of cutting a significant number of pages from my manuscript, after several negative interactions with men who had expressed an interest in getting to know me.

i can't for the life of me figure out why the hell you want a man. you can't care for one. you've no concept of how to love one, of how to accept any positive attention they might throw your way. you can't love, jennifer. you can't. and all you want from a man, anyway, is to be held, which is absolutely the last thing any man wants to do. they can't stand that shit. 

remember when adam was holding you while yall were watching a movie? he was so bored he turned the movie off, and when you balked, he said he'd done it because he'd thought you'd fallen asleep. so obviously he wasn't so pleased to be in that situation.

you can't stand the way they look at you. the way they talk to you. you don't feel comfortable in their presence.

why in hell do you continually open yourself up to the scrutiny? you will never be seen as desirable by one. you will never be told you're beautiful by a man who honestly believes you to be so. you are not the girl a guy wants. can you please, please, please let go of this delusion? PLEASE.

it's so incredibly unhealthy for you to have it. they will never see you the way you want to be seen.

i'm trying to finish this story of mine. i think part of the reason it's taken so long is because i feel this way. this is where my head is, even with the medication i'm taking, so... i could use some prayers that the light will win out over the dark... that my mind could stop fixating on this hole, for lack of a better word.

4 comments :

  1. I hope you have a great week

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is full of ups and downs. I have had similar conversations with myself then I remind myself that maybe love isn't in my cards just yet. Hang tight <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in no position to give advice on this subject. Though we're all single until we're not.

    Anyway, I'm glad you're working on your novel. I look forward to you deleting 'aspiring'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even when you are saying mean things to yourself, you still compose them beautifully. And, I'm NOT just saying that.

    ReplyDelete