Pages

things can only get better

August 16, 2018

i haven't been to church in a long time. a friend talked me into going saturday. the readings spoke to me. the songs did. i bought some tamales afterward. two batches.

i boiled them both. the first batch came out just fine. i scarfed those babies down. they were divine.

the second one? i cooked them last night. i accidentally punctured the bag. they were a soggy mess. i ate them anyway.

today i got fired. from a job i loved. from a place i had loved working. that's the first time in my life i've been able to say that. that i loved working somewhere.

i'm drinking dos equis. by myself. and there's a storm brewing. please god, let the days get better soon.

2 comments :

  1. So sorry to hear you loss your job. Sending you a big hug.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I'm really sorry to hear about your job. You have my number... you're welcome to text me any time.

    ReplyDelete