Pages

this week's wisdom

January 24, 2010

where can i go from your spirit?
or where can i flee from your presence?
if i ascend into heaven, you are there
if i make my bed in hell, behold, you are there
if i take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea
even there your hand shall lead me
and your right hand shall hold me
if i say, surely the darkness shall fall on me
even the night shall be light about me
indeed the darkness shall not hide from you
but the night shines as the day
the darkness and the light are both alike to you

search me, o god, and know my heart
try me, and know my anxieties
and see if there is any wicked way in me
and lead me in the way everlasting (psalm 139:1-12, 23-24).

and last week's

and there will be signs in the sun, in the moon and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. then they will see the son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near (luke 21:25-28).

No comments:

Post a Comment