Pages

the twelfth question

June 17, 2010


Why do you live in Texas? -- Dawna

Because it doesn’t snow here. The temperature rarely drops to below freezing in the winter. I don’t mind it being a hundred degrees outside in the summer, so long as there’s a pool nearby and the air conditioning works. I love the abundance of trees. Most of my family and close friends, most of the people who matter the most to me are here. Once upon a time it was its own country! Can any other state claim that? Huh? NO! It's huge, and you don't have to freeze your ass off to enjoy the grandness of that, like you would in Alaska. Because there's Austin, San Antonio, the Hill Country, Schlitterbahn, Texas A&M, Blue Bell. Actually, those last two are plenty good reason enough all by themselves.

for the eleventh inquisition essay, go here.

2 comments :

  1. Alaska isn't that cold....well Fairbanks is in the winter but other than that it is manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty lucky. I get to call Texas "home", and I get to live in an amazing city, Sydney. BUT, there is NOT substitute for Blue Bell ice cream.

    ReplyDelete