Pages

dear kevin spacey, these didn't suck

May 5, 2014

yesterday, cbs sunday morning aired a really good interview with kevin spacey. in it, he said: every now and then, i remember, i would read things where people said my career was over and that, you know, i'd run away from hollywood. but i'll tell you this: i don't think i could've picked a better decade to go run a theater than the decade we just had in terms of what i missed.

today, i scoured imdb's lists of the most popular films released from two thousand three to thirteen. and i made a list of my own. twenty-five films that merit some attention.

incendies
lone survivor
memoirs of a geisha
cinderella man
seabiscuit
the help
the lord of the rings: the return of the king
star trek
pirates of the caribbean: the curse of the black pearl
the last samurai
the way way back
people like us
five hundred days of summer
serenity
the painted veil
love actually
the notebook
the secret life of walter mitty
crazy, stupid, love
mr. magorium's wonder emporium
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
gangster squad
about time
dedication
the devil wears prada

6 comments :

  1. I enjoyed quite a few of those movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The notebook was such a great movie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, he also is amazing in House of Cards- my personal recent favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You tell him! ;) I especially loved "The Help."

    Amanda

    p.s. Shane sent me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have watched eight on your list and thought about watching more of them but have yet to do so. I wonder who I would consider my 'mentor' for film recommendations. I think I will think on that. Kevin Spacey made a good decision for his life, well done to him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only saw two of these. Didn't like either of them. Cinema is dead.

    ReplyDelete