Pages

the fall film challenge

July 31, 2015


begins one minute past twelve a.m. september first / concludes midnight november thirtieth. you may NOT use a film you have already seen, even in part (excluding trailers), for this challenge. all films MUST be new to you. each film chosen for the challenge may be used ONLY ONCE, i.e. a film used for the something miraculous category may not be used for the personal victory one as well. all films selected for the challenge MUST have a page on the internet movie database. films can be viewed in the theater or at home, but all films must have (had) a theatrical release; made-for-television movies are not eligible.

the first three people to complete the challenge prior to november thirtieth will each receive a redbox gift card valued at twenty dollars. the one person to accumulate the most points at the contest's conclusion will receive an amazon gift card valued at fifty dollars. each film is valued at ten points, yielding a total points of two hundred fifty. details of a bonus round will be revealed october fifteenth. 

to participate, you must be a member of the fall film challenge facebook group. once you have joined and chosen your films to fit the below categories, post your list to the group's page or email it to criticalcrass at me dot com so that i may add your selections to a master list. only those who have submitted lists to me are eligible for the prizes. 


one. any set in new york city. 
two. any incorporating hot air balloons in the story.
three. any featuring a child as the main character.
four. any disney film.
five. any set in egypt OR that has an egyptian character OR that stars an egyptian actor/actress.
six. a close friend or family member's favorite film.
seven. any with the word great in the title.
eight. any starring harrison ford.
nine. any featuring an idiot as the main character.
ten. any mentioned in levis strauss' list: denim in the oscars: a look at jeans in cinema.
eleven. a film about a knight.
twelve. a love story.
thirteen. a movie about something miraculous. 
fourteen. any starring an actor/actress with the same first name as yours.
fifteen. a film about the olympics.
sixteen. a film on time magazine's list: the top ten newspaper movies.
seventeen. any with a question in the title.
eighteen. any with a score of ninety percent or greater on rotten tomatoes.
nineteen. a film about a superhero.
twenty. any with subtitles.
twenty-one. any incorporating unicorns in the story.
twenty-two. a film about a personal victory.
twenty-three. a film with black or white in the title.
twenty-four. any set in a country you would most like to visit.

9 comments :

  1. I want to watch The Judge, and I know you thought it was really good. Any personal victories happen in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want in on this. What a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want in, Erin told me about this! But, I don't have facebook. Maybe I'll just do an unofficial version :) Thinking up my master list now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay okay, Erin convinced me. I'll have to put my list together tonight or something, i requested to join the FB group. it will be so hard with no re-watches (especially for the disney movies lol!).
    and, um, i watch ALL my movies with subtitles. haha. so do you mean it has to be in another language with english subtitles?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun! I'm in and so I'm excited about this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:04 AM

    i've been seeing this floating around. i must try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read about this challenge on both Stephanie and Erin's blogs, and it sounded like a lot of fun so I've decided to at least attempt it. I don't have a Facebook, though, (at least not one that isn't personal and kept completely separate from my blog life) so is it enough to dedicate a post on my blog to this challenge as well as email the list to you? (Once I have that figured out, of course.) If not, I suppose I could "unofficially" participate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally in on this. I police watching movies. Thank Stephanie for the referral :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found out about this from Stephanie... Compiling my list now because a movie challenge is my favorite kind of challenge.

    ReplyDelete